AMI Montessori Orientation 0-3 Certificate Course
April 23—May 23, 2021
Language: English with Estonian translation
Price: early bird price 690€ until March 31, 2021. Normal price 750€
GOAL OF THE COURSE
The intention of the 0—3 Assistants Certificate Course is to help interested adults become able assistants in a Montessori Nido or Infant Community.
THE COURSE CONTENT
- Introduction to Montessori Pedagogy
- The Role of the Adult
- Overview of the Planes of Development
- The Child’s Mind from 0—6 years
- Movement 0—3
- Prepared environment
- Freedom and Discipline
- Music and Art
- Maintaining the Environment
- Toilet Learning
- Material Making
Tiina Suominen, AMI Trainer
Tiina Suominen comes from Finland. She trained in Denver with Judi Orion and Maria Teresa “Chacha” Vidales on the Assistant to Infancy level and in Washingon D.C with Hildegart Soltzbacher to 3—6- level. She is an AMI trainer on the Assistant to Infancy level. She has been working with children aged 0—6 more than 20 years. Tiina runs her own Montessori School, called Mammolina, in Helsinki, Finland.
DURATION OF THE COURSE AND OBSERVATION HOURS
60 hours of live online sessions and independent work. Total nine hours of observation is obligatory. Specific instructions on how to observe will be given during the Course.
- The course will be broadcasted via Zoom.
- There will be live online lectures by the Trainer.
- Chat rooms will be used for student discussion.
- Students will view films and presentations online.
- “The Child in the Family, Education for a New World”
- “1946 London Lectures”
- “The Absorbent Mind”
- “Understanding the Human Being”
Reading materials will be provided for the students in .pdf format.
REQUIREMENTS FOR CERTIFICATION
- Submission of three papers (500 words) to the required standard
- Submission of observation report
- Submission of handmade materials
- Minimum of 90% attendance
Friday, 23.04 18.00—21.00 (EET, UTC +2)
Saturday, 24.04 9.00—15.00 (EET, UTC +2)
Sunday, 25.04 9.00—15.00 (EET, UTC +2)
Friday, 30.04 18.00—21.00 (EET, UTC +2)
Saturday, 01.05 9.00—15.00 (EET, UTC +2)
Sunday, 02.05 9.00—15.00 (EET, UTC +2)
Wednesday, 05.05 18.00—21.00 (EET, UTC +2)
Thursday, 06.05 18.00—21.00 (EET, UTC +2)
Wednesday, 12.05 18.00—21.00 (EET, UTC +2)
Thursday, 13.05 18.00—21.00 (EET, UTC +2)
Friday, 14.05 18.00—21.00 (EET, UTC +2)
Friday, 21.05 18.00—21.00 (EET, UTC +2)
Saturday, 22.05 9.00—15.00 (EET, UTC +2)
Sunday, 23.05 9.00—15.00 (EET, UTC +2)